Sunday, 8 June 2014

The Wanderlust Tag

Hey everyone!

Today I will be doing the Wanderlust Tag, and you can get to know some of my travelling loves and wishes! I was tagged by the lovely Jessica Casillas :) here is her take on the tag: http://jesscasillasx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/wanderlust-tag.html 



1. Your most treasured passport stamp?
Italy is my favourite country in the world! So to narrow it down I'd say Sorrento, or anywhere along the Amalfi Coast.  The views here are absolutely breathtaking and magical. I went with my family and also returned when I went on a school trip and I have a lot of great memories here.



2. Can you recite your passport # from memory if asked?
No! Haha, I was looking at it the other day and couldn't even begin to tell you what it even started with!

3. Preferred method of travel: Planes/Trains/Automobiles?
I think I would say Trains.  I've occasionally got first class on the train and it makes a huge difference! I love being able to just relax and look at the world pass by too.  However the problem with trains is that there doesn't seem to be a limit of the amount of people that get on and when it's really busy it makes me stressed.

When I was in Rome I was on the busiest metro train and it was absolutely horrible:

Rome Metro 2013

Also I often feel a bit claustrophobic on long-haul flights, and travel-sick in the car! haha

4. Top three travel items:
    1. A book
    2. Make-up Bag
    3. iPad

5. Hostel or Hotel?
I've never stayed in a hostel before, so hotel! It's nice to come back to a clean tidy room at the end of each day when you're travelling.

6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
If I fall in love with a city I will definitely return (such as London, Rome and Paris), but normally I am so up for venturing to new shores!

Rome 2013


7. Do you read up on your destination (culture, history, safety) or do you wing it?
I have to read up about it way in advance! Tbh it gets me more excited to go! If you are planning on leaving the continent then I would make sure to research any religious beliefs (covering shoulders), customs and travellers top tips to make it a more enjoyable visit.

Covering my shoulders and legs in Marrakech 2012

8. Favourite travel website?
TripAdvisor. I am addicted to checking it and seeing what other people are saying! It is great to read up about the hotel you're staying at, or any deals on at the local waterpark etc.

9. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name a city and why?
Paris! Amazing history. Fantastic food. Stunning art and buildings. Shopping! Disney!! The Eiffel Tower. Love hearing the French language all around (it just sounds so pretty!) And you can get on the train from London St Pancras - so it's easy to get there :D

I last went in 2012, and I am returning next week! 

Paris 2005

10. You're leaving tomorrow, money is no option. Where would you go?
I've never explored Australasia or Asia, so I would do some touring! Also if money is no object I would do it in style ; travelling first class, staying at some amazing hotels and taking part in everything (maybe even bungee jumping?! nah maybe not! but definitely diving and safari-ing and so on..)

Thank you for reading my Wanderlust Tag :) I nominate anybody who has read it and fancies a go themselves and:
RachaelHannahCharlotteIndia and Lucy - have a go if you fancy girls!